Ha sido convocada recientemente una beca para la realización de estudios de doctorado en ética animal en la Universidad de Basilea, Suiza, bajo la supervisión de Angela Martin.
Esta es una oportunidad verdaderamente excepcional para trabajar en este tema con la supervisión de una investigadora experta en él. Aunque imagino que se recibirán múltiples solicitudes de personas muy preparadas, animo a quienes estén en situación de poder conseguir esta beca a participar en la convocatoria.
A continuación va la convocatoria en inglés. La solicitud puede realizarse en este enlace, en el que está también disponible la siguiente información.
Fully funded PhD position for 4 years in animal ethics – Department of Philosophy, University of Basel (Switzerland)
Start date 1st September 2020
The Philosophy Department at the University of Basel (Switzerland) invites applications for a 4 year fully funded PhD position within the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) funded PRIMA-project “Beastly Politics – A Theory of Justice for Nonhuman Animals” of Dr. Angela Martin. The project at the intersection of ethics and political philosophy i) explores whether moral agents have positive duties of assistance towards sentient nonhuman animals; ii) investigates how conflicts between the interests of humans and animals can be resolved, and develops principles to this end; iii) investigates how duties towards animals can be implemented and how animals can be represented on a political level in democracies. More information on the project can be found here: https://angelamartin.ch/prima-project
- Writing a PhD thesis in animal ethics relevant to the content of the PRIMA-Project of Angela Martin (2nd supervisor: Prof. Dr. Markus Wild, Department of Philosophy, University of Basel).
- Contributing to the literature on animal ethics with research articles published in international peer-reviewed philosophy journals.
- Active participation in the activities relevant to the PRIMA-project as well as team meetings, conferences and workshops at the philosophy department of Basel University.
- You have an excellent academic degree (master or diploma) in philosophy by September 1st 2020
- You like academic research
- You have a strong interest in animal ethics in particular and in ethics and political philosophy in general
- You are willing to work constructively within the PRIMA-project of Angela Martin and to participate actively in the activities of the philosophy department at Basel University.
- You are able to write in English and are willing to learn German
We offer you
- The opportunity to write a PhD thesis in animal ethics in a stimulating and friendly team with diverse research interests
- Various opportunities to present your research nationally and internationally, to discuss it and to co-organize workshops on topics in animal ethics
- Access to international research and scientific networks
- Attractive working conditions in an active research team
- Please submit your application as a single PDF, including: i) cover letter; ii) CV; iii) a short thesis proposal (max. 1 page) relevant to the content of the PRIMA-project; iv) diplomas of academic degrees; v) a writing sample (e.g. essay or part of MA-thesis); vi) names and contact details of at least two academic referees, by April 10th 2020 using the online portal of the University of Basel.
- The salaries are the standard SNSF salaries for PhD positions in Switzerland. We value diversity and encourage applications from groups that are under-represented in philosophy.
- For inquiries please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Angela Martin: email@example.com